Monday, December 1, 2008

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

or something. Bit icy out there today. A little snow has finally come, and its really sending the message home that there's Not Much Time left.

Over the weekend I was very brave and actually went into some stores for the Friday sales. It wasn't horrible, and that really surprised me. (I went before once and it blew in all possible ways.) I bought a few presents for other people...and something very big for me. Now I am rather poor. And also the happy owner of a keyboard. Yay! I can re-learn to play pianoy stuffs. I don't have the full 88 keys like a real piano, I've only got 76, but they are full-sized ones and have the touch sensitivity stuff (plus you rarely need all 88 keys anyway)...so I can control the volume by how fast I hit the keys. Its been years and years since I played with a piano, and I've remembered and am able to play a bit better than I thought I would...but I have a long ways to go to get to where I was. It'll be an interesting ride though. I did find that I don't have all my old music at my place like I had thought. Some must still be at Mom & Dad's. Pity. I'm going to have to make Mom look for it now, since I don't want to wait until Christmas to get it back. I really could use some of the stuff they have there-I only took the harder stuff with me, and I just can't play it now. Luckily for me, the keyboard came with a book of easy little songs to play...so I can fool around with those.

1 comment:

Dragonsally said...

Have lots of fun with the keyboard-that will be so cool