Monday, November 24, 2008

Whooosh!

That's the sound of this last weekend shooting by. It was full of fun things. Yay!

Mom came over, and rather than just sitting around and maybe watching some sort of crappy little movie I pick out from Netflix, we did things...mostly driving back and forth between my place and Stillwater (which isn't that far away).

Friday night we went out with some people that I work with, to Acapulco's (in Stillwater). I always like the Tex-Mex food.

Then Saturday we went to a Holiday Market thing, and bought some nice hand painted glass stuff, all with flowers and pretty things on them. Some I'm going to keep for myself and some are for presents. I got the lady's card who paints them. She sells them so unbelievably cheap, she just wants to get enough money from them to buy more materials and keep painting stuff.

Then we went to the Victorian Christmas at the Old Courthouse in Stillwater. The building was neat. And we we got there a brass quartet was just finishing playing. I wish we had been there earlier and could have heard more of them. Made me wish I was playing in one. That was always my favorite part of band, when we'd be working on small groups. We'd have the best players in it, and would be playing fun chamber music. I miss that. After that, we wandered around a bit doing a little shopping in Stillwater. Then back home.

At home, we cooked lunch. And afterwords I amused her by showing her the noises I could make with my wonderful whistle. She even recognized some of the songs. Yay! I'm getting better. Then it was time to play some games.

And back to Stillwater again, to hear Paul & Lorraine and eat. I was happy with that. I knew Mom would like to hear them, but she's already talking about going back again. To hear them again, and to hear other people there. It was really fun. She liked sitting at the pretty table, looking at the beautiful old room, having a tasty beverage or two and something to eat. We stayed through the first two sets, which surprised me. She's not a fan of sitting around for very long in one place, and gets chair butt really fast. I didn't expect her to last that long.

Sunday involved exciting things, like soup and cleaning off the patio. Wasn't that nice of me, to let Mom use the snow shovel to scrape frozen wet birdseed off the cement? I sure know how to show people a good time. I also let her put away the Halloween decorations. She let me pick up the mushy tomatoes that were still out there.

No comments: