Thursday, November 6, 2008

Help help!

More Nano posting! Yay!

I've fallen horribly behind on my schedule of how many words a day I need to write in order to get my 50,000 in time. In fact, as of this morning, I'm about 7,000 behind where I want to be. *sigh* It probably doesn't help any that I'm doing this in sort of drafts...this first run through, I want to just get the basics of the story out, and then go back an fill in details and descriptions. I was hoping to have the story done by the middle of next week, but unless I spend almost all weekend working on it, that won't happen.

I'm having a very hard time forcing myself to write when the words are struggling. Especially when I'm at home and there's all sorts of fun things to do there. (Its not fun writing when its a forced thing.) I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to catch up very well. I've gone so far as to ban myself to my room with the computer in it, thinking that would help. Not so much...there's closets in there. Closets full of neat stuff. A quick break to look for something, or get up from the chair turns into hours that are lost. I think there's some sort of black hole time warp in my apartment. I honestly don't know where the time went.

Tonight I'm going to start setting timers. So long writing...then a few minutes of doing something else. Like laundry. Which is not fun. But to make up for that, I get to go see Paul & Lorraine play Friday and Saturday nights. Whee!

No comments: