Monday, September 8, 2008

Meep meep!

This last weekend was rather exciting. I went to a pro baseball game (Tigers vs. Twins in Minneapolis...I list Tigers first though, because that's why we-me and my mommy and daddy-bought the tickets). It was the first one I've been to. It was quite entertaining, much more than seeing it on tv. Though, on tv I get to see the players up close...and Minnesota does have some lovely eye candy playing for them. We've decided to make it an annual trip. We parked further away and rode the light rail to the Metrodome (I'm so glad I remember that the light rail had a stop there). I felt rather like Harry Potter leading Hagrid through the ticket booths and such for the Underground in the first book. Only I hadn't ridden on it either (except for the bit between the airport terminals).

We also spent time looking at a gardening book. (That I just picked up from a library book sale.) Also looking out the window at the birds on the feeders. I really know how to show people a good time! They are the best kind of visitors, my apartment was cleaner when they left than it was when they came. Mom has a liking of washing and folding clothes. Yay Mom!

I've also learned that steel-cut Irish Oatmeal is one of the best things ever. I had boughten a can of months ago, but just haven't made any-it takes over 1/2 hour to cook. I must say, its well worth the time. If you've never tried it, go look for some. Its fantastic, nutty and chewy. I'll have to buy some more.

No comments: