Monday, October 27, 2008

Ow my spleen!

Or in this case, my foot. Well, really the ankle.

Friday and Saturday nights I went to see Paul & Lorraine playing at Charlies pub in Stillwater. They're so fantastic and great. If you ever have the opportunity to see them, go. Great music, and funny...it was such a good time. And Charlie's is a great, great place. Good food, really good beer (yay for Guinness on tap!), nice atmosphere. I'm a fan of their kind of music...and am just in awe of their playing/singing skills. At one point I picked up a guitar and it was beyond my abilities to learn (my fingers and hand just couldn't do it-I think they're too destroyed to be able to handle the stress the guitar puts on them). So its always so amazing to me to see someone playing an instrument I wasn't able to. And then to play it so well! Yay! I'll be going back to hear them at every chance I can. At least I will until they start thinking I'm stalking them....then I'll have to go in disguise.

So back to my spleen. Saturday, when I was at Charlie's, my ankle start to hurt a little bit. Not badly...just enough to let me know it was there. I had thought I just had my boot tied to tightly. But then when I got home and took my boot off, my whole ankle was purpley-red and swollen. I must have bumped it funny, or twisted it a bit and not realized it. Its still a bit throbby, but not bad enough for me to have done some real damage to it. My coordination skills have apparently reached a new low...able to injure myself just by sitting in a chair and occasionally walking around a little. (I wasn't drunk, so I can't even say it was one of the mystery injuries drunk people get.)

I've been having an obsession with crocheting dish cloths lately. I've been really bad with it...I even considered taking some yarn in my bag to the pub and working on it there. (Good thing about Charlie's being in Minnesota....no smoking inside! So I could have taken yarn there and it wouldn't come back smelling all nasty. Yipee! That makes it so much nicer to go out...I won't go out to places in Wisconsin anymore-with Minnesota being close and so much more pleasant.) I resisted the urge...but it was hard.

No comments: