Monday, October 27, 2008

Wheeee!

Two posts in one day! Wow!

Lately I've been really wishing I had a piano or keyboard of some sort. (And I will get one...eventually.) I don't have the spare money to pick up a decent one right now (I blew it all on furniture). So, I started trying to think of some sort of cheap instrument to buy and play around with. And....I just ordered an irish penny whistle thingy in D. Not that the key of it really matters, I'm just going to be playing it by myself. Yay! I feel pretty confident that I'll be able to figure how to play it good enough for me to have some fun. It doesn't look like it'll be too much different from playing brass instruments. As a bonus, I found a cheap one ($15) that has pretty decent reviews and comes with a little book on how to play it. That'll be enough for me to tell if I'll like, and I won't feel bad about if it turns out I don't have whistle skills. If I like it and can play it decently, I might learn to play one of those nice wooden flutes.

No comments: