Monday, October 6, 2008

What a Wonderful Weekend!

Its the first time since August that I've had a weekend to myself. I've really been missing that. I'm really not that fond of being around people. Though, most of it was with mom and dad, and that was ok. They both are able to be around someone and not constantly talk. I like the quiet. Its still not the same as being alone though...I always did like being by myself. But that's because I'm so cool. I always want to do what I want to do.

Well, I completed two doggies sweaters, and I have to admit....they make me happy. Hopefully they'll fit the doggies that they are for. They fit the teddy bear I put them on. He wasn't too happy about wearing girly doggy sweaters.

It was a crocheterific weekend for me. Not only did I make the two little sweaters, I also made a sock. And yay! This one wasn't all deformed! I guess it pays to count the stitches as I go. So I decided to take apart the deformed sock and remake it. They're more along the lines of slipper socks...you'd have to be wearing large shoes to fit these in them. But they are lovely and warm. I hope to finish the other one tonight.

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to keep them or put them into my stash of Christmas party prizes. My goal for this party is to have lots of lovely handmade stuff. (For those of you who don't know...I've been having an annual cookie exchange party...with games and prizes.) Mom is going to help me by making a bunch of really cute and fun potholders-out of courdoroy and flannels. There are such cute things in the fabric stores right now...it almost makes me wish I had the patience or desire to learn how to sew properly. Almost. For some reason its just not that fun for me. Maybe when I retire I'll get bored enough to do that.

I never made it to the apple orchard. But only because I went to the farmer's market Saturday morning and there were lots of apples there. I really love being in an apple-growing area. All those fantastic apples! I picked up a nice big bag of Honeycrisps that were picked that morning. So good! It was hard not to eat them all up at once. My digestion really thanks me for that...though it is angry with me for stuffing it full of all the other fibery goodies I picked it up. (Aren't you glad I shared that.) I'm going to be very sad when the farmer's market is over again. Its really a pity our growning season is so very short here.

On to exciting plans for tonight. After work, I'm going to run (well drive) home and change the oil in my car...then merrily jaunt over to the furniture store. A new bed and chair (if I find one I like) are in my future! Woohoo! I've been waiting for the bed I want to go on sale, and it is! I have a bed to sleep on (though I've been on the couch with this horrid cold-it keeps alternating between my head and chest), so there wasn't a desperate need for it.

No comments: